I have never wanted to go to the dentist in my life but this visit changed that! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and the office is such a calming space. The care I received was attentive and everyone made me feel informed.read more
So many places I could start with Grand Street Dental, but let me begin like my visit began: on the phone with Kris, the incredible, efficient, amazing office manager—she is all the good words in the dictionary.
I’d heard and seen photographic proof of the beauty of the Grand Street Dental office, but I can confirm the photos just don’t do it justice—it’s absolutely gorgeous and completely unlike what you’d think a dentist office to look like. Dr. Plotnick greeted me in the waiting room with warm smile, while she was watering the plants. So, basically it was like I walked into her home, and that’s pretty incredible.
Being taken back to the treatment rooms, I’m happy to report they are just as modern and comfortable as the waiting room. And speaking of modern, last time I was there Dr. Plotnick was giddily telling me of a 3-D printer that was about to arrive. Nothing but the coolest, most modern technology for your teeth when you visit Jennifer.
But the real point you’re reading this review for: teeth. The care and expertise Dr. Plotnick provided is unmatched before in all my 30 years. For example, she hand-molded two teeth to look real, and darnit, they both looked even better afterwards then they ever had beforehand. She’s a master, a perfectionist and a true pro. And she’s super funny and kind.
I’ve never been so confident with my smile and teeth. And that is priceless. The whole team is brilliant, kind and, gosh darnit, I want to live in that office.
All in all, 14/10, would travel half way across the world just to get a cleaning.read more
Dr. Plotnick was PHENOMENAL with my 4-year-old, who was feeling nervous about his first dentist visit. She was patient, gentle, reassuring, and let him touch and explore all the instruments before she used them to clean his teeth. He left a very happy camper!read more
Dr. Plotnick and the rest of the Grand Street Dental team (Kris mans the office, I believe) are fantastic! Below are some more detailed points, in no particular order.
1) This office is immaculate, which is exactly what you’d want to see from a dental office. It’s also a very trendy, all around gorgeous office. Location is great as well!
2) Jennifer was super easy going, personable, relatable, informative, & so on. I can’t say enough good things about her & the hygienist as well! They are a great duo. Jennifer actually worked on my teeth herself too, which I thought was very nice. If this is even only for the first cleaning, I imagine this is a great way to be very hands on with your patients and their teeth/dental situation from the get-go.
3) They let you watch Netflix/Hulu/etc. while they work on your teeth!!! You get to pick the show too. This was awesome, and they give you beats headphones, so yes, you can still hear the tv.
4) Scheduling/getting setup with Kris was super easy. She had me email her my insurance card prior, so she literally had done everything before I walked in, so all I had to do was fill out a basic form! She also was able to tell me more about my insurance and what it covers, which as a young person new to the “having my own insurance” world, this was super super helpful! Kris was very friendly, super responsive via phone & email, and informative.
5) Highly recommendread more
Smart, kind, concerned and thorough, Dr. Plotnick is an excellent dentist who showed great concern about my specific issues and went above and beyond to help me. The fact that her is GORGEOUS and everything there is state-of-the-art actually made going to the dentist an entirely new experience for me. Everyone who worked in her office was also as lovely as can be. You can tell they all enjoy working there.read more